The MDPP is unique; what sets us apart is our commitment to working with end-users, clinical communities and industry to ensure our research outputs are relevant, accessible and market leading.
Why develop your idea through the MDPP?
Most MDPP projects are industry-driven with global applications, ensuring a strong commercial focus.
Our Program facilitates the connections necessary for product development that many companies don’t have. The devices and assistive technologies we support need to have both a commercial and research opportunity with our clients benefiting from:
- Access to sophisticated R&D capabilities inside universities
- Connection to clinical and end-user community
- Tangible outcomes (e.g. proof of concept, prototype) and a detailed technical report
- Detailed product opportunity assessment
- Profiling of your product and business
- Introductions to manufacturers and industry partners
- Independent and confidential review of product ideas
- Business and product development advice
- Introductions to service providers
An MDPP project can also be leveraged to secure additional funding or investment and we have a simple IP model – it belongs to our clients. We deliberately do this to ensure we can work quickly without encumbering the product development path.
Our objective is to build meaningful relationships and realise mutual returns in the long-term.